Do you enjoy a fast-paced, challenging environment where no two days are ever the same?
A position exists for an experienced Medical Receptionist in a busy medical practice located in Kempsey. Ideally, you will be well-organised, and able to work autonomously. Your priority will be to look after and care for our patients when they arrive and prior to their departure, checking that their needs have been taken care of.
- Ability to protect patient privacy and confidentiality
- Sound communication skills, with the capacity to communicate effectively with the doctors, staff, patients, attendants and other healthcare professionals
- Excellent telephone manners
- Ability to work within a team, as well as independently
- Ability to prioritise and organise workflow effectively
- Proven computer skills
- Answering phones, booking patient appointments, and face-to-face customer service.
- Communicating with patients, doctors, pharmacies, specialists, hospitals, Allied Health staff, Medicare, and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Processing billings, faxing, scanning, and undertaking other duties as required by our Doctors, Nurses, Head of Reception.
- Knowledge of the Australian health care system (Medicare)
- Knowledge of medical software (Best Practice) and Microsoft Office Programs
- Experience in a similar role
- Certificate 3 or higher in Medical Administration or Business (Office Administration)
- Current Drivers Licence
- CPR certificate / First Aid
- Great people and a friendly work environment with supportive management.
- Financial assistance towards the completion of required education
- Provision of uniforms and access to health & well-being initiatives.
- It is a condition of employment in this role for the employee to be vaccinated against the following vaccine-preventable diseases during their employment: Covid 19 and Flu.
- SKMC is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Only successful applicants will be notified.
Kindly apply via email to email@example.com with a resume (mentioning at least two professional references) and a cover letter (mentioning your availability)